Friday, June 14, 2013

Cut it Up Challenge # 21 - Red, White and Blue and Trendy Twine

Welcome my bloggie friends, I have another project to share for the  Cut it up Blog Challenge.

Cut it up Challenge #21 - Create a project using the colors red, white, and blue and trendy twine from Annie's Paper Boutique.

This was a fun challenge since we got to play with this yummy twine. I decided for this challenge that I wanted to make something that I have not made yet so I choose this home décor project.

I started out with my Artiste cart and cut the cone on page 42 at 5" from The Paper Studio 8.5x11 crackled star CS. I used my Sookwang two sided sticky tape to hold this together.

To decorate I used Trendy Twine in Berries Jubilee for the handle. I added a flower and button from my stash and added some more Trendy Twine In the Navy for the center of the button. Just so I could try out every color from this collection I used more Trendy Twine in Cranberry for the fringe at the bottom of my cone.

 
 
 
To finish off the cone I added some flowers and a few patriotic finds to the inside of the cone.



 
My daughter has already claimed this one so I'll have to make one for myself now. :)
 
 
Hop on over to the Cut It Up Blog to see more inspiring projects today from the Cut it Up DT and to play along.


Thanks for stopping by.
 
Playing along at:
Craftin Desert Divas - Red, White, and blue Linky Party 


9 Bunny Hugs:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!
Perfect for my front door...lol..
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Kim M said...

What a great project to take you through all of the patriotic holidays of summer.

Unknown said...

Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Red, White & Blue” Linky Party.
Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love it!! It looks amazing hanging on the wall!! I can see why your daughter claimed it...I would have too!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen said...

So pretty! Love how you added the flower! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love Love Love...I can se why your daughter made claims to it. What a great project for the task you were given. SUPER!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is such a beautiful decor! Love your use of the twine.
Anita
DT Sister

Unknown said...

This is just great!!Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Red, White & Blue “ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic decoration for your home! Now that you know how to do them, you can make one for every season!
Evelyn