Monday, February 14, 2011

Kiss me - Everyone is Irish for a day

I just had to share this card. I love the way it turned out. I happened to be in AC Moore yesterday and picked up some cute dollar stamps for St. Patrick's Day. I cannot resist those cute little clear stamp sets.

Last night I was looking through the images on my Mini Monsters cart (one that I got for Christmas). I found the frog and had the perfect idea for him and the new stamps that I just bought.

Since my challenge is to start using up some of the ever growing piles of scrap paper that I have for my projects this year. I cut my frog out of some of the scrap paper and used another piece for the background of the card. I stamped the clovers behind my frog onto more scrap paper and cut them out making the stems longer so I could put them behind him. I stamped out the sentiment with pigment ink and embossed it with a dark green embossing powder. I also stamped the small clovers on each corner of the card. I stamped the Kiss me sentiment on a scrap piece of white paper then I used a light green ink pad to shade the edges. I cut the paper down and made a small tag out of it then I put the little green flower brad in the tag for the finishing touch.

Melissa at Disney Dreamer Designs has been inspiring me to create more cards using my cricut and I am having too much fun.


2 Bunny Hugs:

VICTORIA said...

Very cute card I like it. Thank so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am now one of your followers. Good luck with my giveaway. :)Victoria

Melissa said...

Very cute Tami! I just made a frog card for an upcoming blog hop!