Sunday, May 8, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #8

I'm finally starting to get caught up after being on vacation. I still have several blogs to go visit from the Disney Pixar Blog hop and slowly but surely I will visit you all.

Today I'm participating in the Birthday Sundaes Challenge . The challenge is to make a birthday card using 3 different embellishments and 2 patterned papers. How fun is that! I need to make a birthday card for my nephew Parker so this happened to be the perfect challenge for me. Here's what I came up with.


How to:
Camping Critters Cart - Cut deer at 4"
The darker color paper on the deer came from Bazzill Basics Paper in French Silk. For the rest of the deer I used my scraps.

The patterned paper is from DCWV The guy stack and Recollections Autumn 8 x 8 paper pack.

My Pink Stamper More Punny-licious set - Best Fishes
Stampendous Birthday Brackets set - Happy Birthday

The google eyes and waves are from my stash. I used waterfall stickles for the fish.

Glue - pop dots, tombo liquid glue, Zig glue pen and glue runner
Ink - Tim Holtz disstressing ink on tree and SU soft suede for sentiments and boarder around card.
Tim Holtz disstressing tool used on tree.
Marvy Markers used on deer, fish and grass
Martha Stewart boarder punch used for grass

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and can't wait to send it to Paker. Hope you are all enjoying your day.

18 Bunny Hugs:

Jovan said...

OMG...I just love this card! The details are great and the little eye on the fish just sets it off. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely adorable--he will love it!
I also love your pixar basket--I just did a tutorial on that for Creating keepsakes magazine 2 weeks ago! They are sooo fun to make!

big hugs to you!
kristal

scrappinC said...

Way to cute! I love it. The colors are awesome. I've got to get that cart.
Happy Mother's Day!
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Sheena said...

Too Cute!! great card :) TFS

Jens Craft Corner said...

Your card is adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Kristie W. said...

Super fun card! I like the different accents you added. Thanks so much for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Unknown said...

This card is so cute. I love all the details. The punches on the bottom work great! Love the glitter on the fish. You asked me about the punched paper behind the bird. Yes, it's one of MS punches, sorry don't know the name.

Melissa said...

So stinkin' cute!!!! I don't care if he's going to like it...I love it!

Kelly Massman said...

This is too cute!!!! Love the fishing theme and the squiggles!

Lisa said...

Oh wow - this is so fabulous!! I love your design and the papers you used! Awesome! Your nephew will love it!! :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jenny V. said...

Awwww this is so cute. Love how you added those google eyes. Thanks for becoming a follower to my blog.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, this card is so much fun!

Momo sent me, and I am now a follower.

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

VICTORIA said...

lOVE YOUR CARD I NEED TO GET THAT CARTRIDGE. hugsss Victoria :)

scrappinC said...

Stop by my blog when you get a chance ~ I have an award for you.
TFS!

Cindy Lou
http://scrappinc.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

Adorable Card! That deer is soo cute! Love how you used stickles on the fish. Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes.

Scrapper69 said...

This is sooooo stinkin' CUTE! LOVE it! :o)
Theresa

chandale_berry said...

I just love this card! I can't wait until I get this cartridge so that I can make a birthday card for my husband.

chandale_berry@yahoo.com

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This card is awesome! I love all the adorable details and those pattern papers are PERFECT! Very nice job with the challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Birthday Sundaes!