Monday, June 6, 2011

Spooky Card

Hello again and Happy Crafty Monday to you all.

I made this card for the following challenges, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Die Cuttin' Divas
http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/
Challenge 17 is all about....Creepy, crawly things!

Wee Memories
http://www.suchins.blogspot.com/

You can free your creativity and show us your style!


Here's how I did it:
I used three different carts for this card in order to find everything I needed. I cut the tree from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut Lite cart at 5". I found the spider from the Doodle Charms cart and cut him at 1". I then went to the Mini Monsters cart to cut out the graves 1 and 2 at 1".

I choose to create a card from the DCWV dots, stripes and plaid cardstock. I cut the card to 5 x 7 and then I took my Tim Holtz distressing ink in orange marmalade and sponged it lightly on to the card. Then I took the SU basic black ink and stippled it on to the card to give it a granite look.

I stamped the spider webs in each corner using the stampabilites rubber stamp. I went over the top of the web with the clear star gelly roll pen then I stamped part of the studio g sentiment in the top and bottom of the card.

I stippled over the tree and graves attached them and then went to work on my spider by adding the google eyes and the mouth with fangs using the gelly roll white pen. A black Zig pen was used to add a little ground around the tree and graves.

Hope your Monday evening is spOOkTacUlar.

4 Bunny Hugs:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Has a cool Edgar Allen Poe Raven look to the card. You indicate using a Lite cartridge for the tree which Lite cartridge did you use? Also can you provide size details for each of the cuts?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

scrappinC said...

Awesome card. Love how you did the layout on the card.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Sandy O said...

What a fun card. You make the Cricut look so easy. I really have to start using mine, lol Thank you for the inspiration.

Eulanda said...

WOW this is really cool!! Love Halloween cards!! Hugs!