Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Graduation Time

Happy 1st day of May my friends. Who's ready for summer? I know I am.

I just received an invitation to a graduation from our friend's son. Wish we could be there for that but since we can't I made him a very special Graduation Card/gift holder.

I scrap lifted some of the card from my friend Kim. She gave me the cute owl idea in one of our classes together. But since I did not have a grad cap to cut from my cricut carts, I used a stamp and fussy cut around it to use for my owl. I also got to use my new Jaded Blossoms Flag Dies.

I went online to look up the school colors because I love to make my cards as personal as I can. Don't you just love google? Any who, here's my card/gift holder.




I am entering this card into the following challenges, cause WHOOOO doesn't love a challenge. hehehe

365 Cards - Day 61 Layered
Crafy Catz - #130 Anything Goes
Pixie Dust Studio - Embossing

Here's what I used:
Recollections 12x12 Cardstock in Navy and White
Best Occasions Textured Cardstock in Light Blue
DCWV textured metallic cardstock in Silver

Navy cardstock cut down to a 5.25x5.5 then scored in half
Light Blue CS cut down to 5.25x5.75
Silver CS cut down to 3.3x3.5
White CS cut down to 3.25x3.25

Inside of card:
White CS cut down to 5.25x4
Pocket cut down to 2.25x4 then used circle punch to cut half circle at top of pocket

EK Success 1.25 circle punch
SU Owl Punch
Jaded Blossoms Flag dies
SU Ink in Basic Blk and Not Quite Navy
Recollections Pearl Embossing powder - used on the grad cap
The Paper Studio Stars Embossing Folder
Studio g clear stamps (Diploma, Graduation time, and So proud)
Stampendous - Grad Cap
Inkadinkadoo - Congrats Grad!
Foam Tape
Pop dots
Tim Holtz distressing tool
Red line tape used on pocket on inside of card

Hope you have a scrap-tastic evening!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

5 Bunny Hugs:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the sweet owl!! I have such a hard time with graduation cards for some reason. What a great idea to personalize it with the school colors!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

This is awesome!!! Loving that owl!! too cute!
TFS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Fun owl!

Lizzie Laine said...

Awesome graduation card, love the owl & diplomas!
The grad will love it!
I don't know what I would do without google:)

Pam said...

Darling image - fabulous grad card!