Friday, July 12, 2013

Cut It Up Challenge #23 - Christmas in July

It's time for another Cut it up Blog Challenge and this one was right up my alley. It's Challenge #23 - Christmas in July.

My Little Hopper's know that I have been making Christmas cards early this year so that I can have the time to sit back and enjoy the Holiday with out stressing myself out. So what a nice surprise to see that I got to create another Christmas card to add to my collection.

Believe it or not I actually struggled with this one since I am not in the Christmas mood right now. It's summer and I just celebrated the Fourth. My daughter gave me the idea to incorporate Uncle Sam's hat in my design. Such a clever and crafty girl, she takes after her Mom, hehehe.

Here is what I came up with to include her idea. How fun is this?


Here's how I did it:
Create A Critter 2 cart - pg 51 icon, Uncle Sam's hat cut at 2" on my scrap pieces of Recollections CS.
Jolly Holidays cart - Santa 1 cut at 4" again using my scrap Recollections CS.

My background mat was cut from Stars and Stripes from the Paper Studio at 5 1/4 X 4. Same for the inside mat but I stuck with white CS for that.

The Santa was originally holding a bag but I covered it up with Uncle Sam's hat, then cut off the part of the bag that sticky out from the side of the hat. Santa also came with a weird a little piece that was supposed to be his face but it looked out of place to me so I opted for some google eyes instead. For his beard and trim I used pearlescent CS from Color Bok. I used my D'Vine Swirls cuttlebug folder to give his beard some curls.

It's very hard to see by I also took my Sizzix folder in Powered sugar to emboss a little design on Santa's belt. I kept one star from the band around Uncle Sam's hat to stick in Santa's beard. then I used foam tape on him and the hat to pop it off the card.

For the hat I used a little two-sided sticky tape and cut that of my stars off of a decoration that I purchased from Michael's and attached that to the back of the hat.

I used my Studio g stamp to create my sentiment and made my own tag for my card.


Thanks for stopping by today. 

To see more Christmas in July Projects and to play along with us, 
stop by the Cut it Blog.


6 Bunny Hugs:

jessica said...

super adorable card Tami! Love Santa holding the hat~ too cute!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

Anonymous said...

I love how you changed the file up! So cool! Glad you were able to get inspired. You can thank your little girl!
Evelyn

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Santa looks so cute!! I love the hat!! Super-duper fabulous my friend!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Super Cute & FUN!!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is so cute!
Anita
DT Sister

Kim M said...

Love this card, a take I haven't seen on Christmas in July!