Friday, July 26, 2013

Cut it Up Challenge # 24 - Celebrate Summer!

Thanks for hopping by, it's time for another Cut it Up Challenge. Challenge #24 - Celebrate Summer by making a summer themed project using one of the super cute digi's from The Paper Nest.

What a fun project this was. I rarely use digi's so this was a great way to get me out of my comfort zone and remind me how fun and versatile digi's can be.

The Paper Nest has super cute digi stamps so I encourage all my little hopper's to hop on by and check them out.

I made this fun card using the Strawberry Emma digi. Isn't she cute? When I think of summer I think of picnics and all the yummy fresh fruit that you can eat. I think Emma agrees.


I kept with the black and white theme and just used one extra color for my card to really make the berries pop.







What I used:
I used my Spellbinder Standard Circles and Lacey Circles to mat Emma. I cut a 4 x 5.25 mat on black Recollections CS and used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to add a little more interest. I added my ribbon to that mat then I glued it down to my card base. I used some foam tape to pop Emma up and used some Christmas Red Stickles to color the berries and Emma's hair bow. Emma was printed on Recollections white CS from my computer. I forgot to get a picture of the inside of the card. I printed out my own sentiment that says, "Have a berry nice day!" Love the punny sentiments. :)



Hop on over to Cut It Up to see more great summer themed projects from my DT sisters. 
We would love for you to join in on the fun.



4 Bunny Hugs:

jessica said...

Beautiful card! Love the CAS design and the pop of red color!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love puns, too! You did a great job using the digi. Black, white and red always look wonderful together!
Evelyn

Migdalia said...

very PRETTY! AWESOME job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! Those red berries do pop!! The image is so cute!! Love it my friend!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts