Friday, August 9, 2013

Cut it Up Challenge #25 - What's Bugging You?

Happy Friday my little hopper's.

It's time for another Cut It Up Challenge. Challenge #25 - What's Bugging You? Today we were asked to make a project using a bug. Well how fun is that? I think it's super duper fun!

Since my nephew's B-day is right around the corner; well October, but to me it's right around the corner since it seems that this year has been flying by, I made him a B-day card for this buggy challenge.

I decided to use Flick as my bug. Remember him from a Bug's Life? I cut him out right away and laid him down on my table so I could decide just what I wanted to do with him. I searched though my stamps and came across the "bring on the cake" sentiment and knew exactly what I wanted to do by looking at Flick with his hands on his hips.

Here's what I came up with:



Isn't he cute? I thought it would be fun to make it look like he climbed up the cake and got rid of the candles so he could just eat the cake without all the Birthday fuss. :)

Here's how I did it:

Cricut Carts:
Best of Pixar - Flick cut at 4"
Birthday Bash - Cake cut twice at 3 3/4"
Candle cut at 1 1/2"

Cardstock:
Recollections - I used up some of my scrap recollections paper for all die cut images.
Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Mat size: 5 1/4 x 4 both outside and inside matts

Gelly Roll pen in white - used to color Swiss Dots on top cake.
Zig Pen in Black - used to doodle on Flick and the tag.
Cuttlebug Folder in Swiss dots - used to emboss layers on top cake.
Foam tape - used to pop the top cake and hand made tag
Recollections Ink - Blk
Studio g stamp - Bring on the Cake and Happy Birthday on inside of card.



Thanks for stopping by. To see more buggie projects and to play along with us stop by the Cut It Up Blog.

5 Bunny Hugs:

jessica said...

How super adorable is this!!! Awesome cuts and fun birthday card!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

Anonymous said...

Love it! And yeah, the year sure is flying by. Now you're ready for the October birthday with a great card. I haven't seen the Bug Life movie, but I love that ant's attitude!!

Evelyn

Lisa said...

So stinkin' cute!! What an adorable card!! You did a fabulous job my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

I LOVE this card because it is so SWEET and I am a HUGE fan of cake!!!Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Cindy said...

Very cute card! Makes me want some chocolate cake :-)