I am so excited to be back in my scrap room again! Time sure can get away from you when you have a sick animal, vacations, work, etc. Whew! I need to come and visit you all and will do my best to stop by to say hi this week.
I'll be at the Creating Keepsakes Convention this weekend so I'm gearing up for it by participating in the Bitten by the Bug2 Challenge. I love their challenges and this week we have to make something with red in it and use a stamp. I needed to make a birthday card for a special friend of mine and here's what I came up with.
I'm sure most of you have seen these cute little flower pots before. I love them but they don't stand up by themselves. I made a small adjustment by adding a little card stock strip to the back of mine so that it would stand up.
Here's what I used to make this project:
All card stock including the patterned was from my scraps. Yae for me!
I cut the flowers from the Accent Essentials Cart cutting 3", 2", 1 1/4" flowers from my different papers.
I don't have the pattern for the flower pot, I just used one that I already had and traced that out on my paper. I can tell you that it is approx. 8 3/4" x 3 1/2" before you cut the paper horizontally to resemble a flower pot. With your paper turned in the horizontal direction, score at 1 3/4" and 5 1/4". I have to give credit to my friend Kim who taught me how to make a flower pot card in one of her classes.
I used my EK Success large scallop punch to finish off the edge of the flower pot. Kim's little trick.
My touch: cut a 1" strip of card stock to fit your flower pot fold in center then fold each end over to create a "v" with wings, use red tape to adhere small wings to the back of your flower pot keeping your "v" shape. Tada! You have a stand!!
The bling and ribbon came from Recollections and the dollar bin at HL. I used a tag rim from making memories to create my little Happy Birthday tag.
Stamps came from Just saying Inkadinkado clear set (Happy Birthday) and studio g (mini flower). The ink is from SU.
You can't see it in my picture but I used the Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder on some of the white flower petals.
To give them a little dimension I fluffed them up.
Hope you have a scraptastic week!!!